Wi-Fi is one of the most convenient features because it enables you to connect to a wireless network and access the Internet wherever you are. If you're never used Wi-Fi before, accessing the network can be confusing. Connecting to a secure network always requires a password, but you can access unsecured networks without a password for on-the-go Internet browsing. Here will introduce how to get Wi-Fi without a password on both laptop and iPhone in only few clicks. However, if you forgot your current Wi-Fi password on your laptop and need to view it, click here to learn how to find your WiFi password.
Situation 1: How to Get Wi-Fi without a Password on Laptop?
With a few clicks on your Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista desktop, you can find out what networks are available in your area, and you can get free Wi-Fi without a password by connecting to any unsecured Wi-Fi signal.
1. Click on the network icon in the right-hand corner of your computer screen. The icon is indicated by a series of vertical bars.
2. Click on any networks that feature a shield icon and exclamation point. These are unsecured networks. Wi-Fi without this icon requires a password. Networks are ranked by signal quality. If you still see no lists, check your laptop's Wi-Fi switch and ensure you are within range of a functioning wireless router.
3. Click "Connection" to access the network.
4. Click on "Public Location" when a prompt asks you to identify the type of network. When you select the public network option, your computer restricts the information shared over the network, providing you with better privacy on an unsecured network.
Situation 2: How to Get Wi-Fi without a Password on iPhone
On an iPhone, Wi-Fi gives you blazing Internet connections and enables you to view web pages, stream videos and download applications at a fast space. You can enable Wi-Fi on your iPhone very easily using some simple steps. Get Wi-Fi without using a password on iPhone now.
1. Turn on your iPhone and tap the "Settings" icon on the desktop to launch the Settings window.
2. Tap "Wi-Fi". Tap the "Wi-Fi" button to turn it on. When you see the blue "ON" icon, it means Wi-Fi is enabled.
3. Scroll down and tap the "Ask to join networks" button to turn it on. When you enable this feature, your iPhone automatically prompts you to join a wireless network whenever one is within range. Keep in mind that some Wi-Fi networks contain a password security, so to join the network, you have to contact the administrator of the wireless connection for the password. Once you have the password, select the Wi-Fi connection on your iPhone, and enter the password. Tap "OK" to join the Wi-Fi network.
If you're in a coffee shop, library or other public location and the Wi-Fi requires a password, ask a customer service representative for the password. In many cases, all you need to do is ask for the password.
If your computer or iPhone does not detect any available networks, network identification problems usually arise w the wireless network is out of range or is too busy.
Keep these tips to done the conversion of how to connect Wi-Fi without a password on laptop and iPhone respectively.